Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Boy And His Guitar


So I have been pretty busy painting and drawing these past few weeks. Mostly because I've gotten a few commission jobs. One of the most interesting ones was a multi layered stencil. They saw some stencils I sprayed on vinyl records, and wanted something similar. However instead of one, they wanted four records stack together. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, so I was glad to try it.


This was the picture they wanted me to make a stencil out of. The stencil wasn't too hard to create. The stencil I created was pretty big, and I only made a single layered stencil of the picture. Through past experiences I decided to hand paint the other layers.


Altogether I hand painted about 7 layers. After I was done, I decided to do something with the guy's shirt. I taped most of the stencil up and sprayed some color to make his Rolling Stones shirt pop a little.


After everything was done I sprayed the whole thing with a gloss finish to make everything look bright and shiny. Overall I was really pleased with how it came out. It was my first stencil with this many layers. First time spraying a stencil that big. What ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment