Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sometimes People Just Want You To Paint Some Flowers


Over the holidays I painted a few paintings for people. This was one of them. The only instruction I got was that he wanted flowers. He was a horticulture major in college, so he wanted a painting of something he knows a lot about.

My favorite paintings I do for people are always when they give me the freedom to do whatever I want to do. I think I get my best results when I don't feel too much restraint when painting.

I decided to paint a surreal painting involving flowers. I looked at a lot of different pictures of flowers, and sort of came up with a story.

I don't really want to get into the story. I don't generally like explaining what things mean or represent in my paintings. Most of the time other people's own interpretations interests me more than my own....well sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment