Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Finally Done.

A while ago me and a friend started some abstract paintings. I don't usually paint a lot of abstract paintings. It's not really one of my favorite genres, but at the time it sounded like a good idea. It took me a while to finish it. Actually, I'm not even too sure it's finished. I put off working on it for a long time, because I didn't have any direction for the painting, and I simple did not want to waste paint.


When I finally got an idea in mind for what I wanted to base my painting on, I got to painting. The idea I had came from a documentary I saw. Without getting too much into it, I had this idea of deconstructing a plant, and what that would look like in an abstract manner.

I used acrylic paint and painted on an all wooden canvas I built.
The canvas was 24" x 24"


This is the painting Daniel painted. His inspiration was space, and the idea that something so big as a planet, is nothing but a tiny spot compare to the whole universe.


These are some close ups of the same painting.

Even though we started our paintings at the same time, he was done with his about a month before I was done with mine. He doesn't normally paint, but I really like the way his painting turned out.


I'm not sure too sure we will turn into abstract artists...
but somethings it's nice to try something new.
...They are both for sale by the way. Send a message
my way if you're interested in either of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment