Friday, October 28, 2011

Thrift Store Findings


If you have ever tried to frame a big drawing before, you know how expensive it can be. The cheapest way to go, is to hunt one down at a thrift store. I found this big one recently,which was only 7 dollars, so I got it. The color of the frame was really ugly,
but that's why spray paint was invented.

After I took it apart, I sprayed painted the frames black.
It's simple, and in my opinion, the best way to go.

While the frame was drying, I finished the background of this family portrait I was doing.
I couldn't decide on what to do with it. At first I tried to paint it a solid color, but it just didn't look right. I then came up with this design that ended up looking a little chaotic, which I thought was appropriate.

Then, I added the border that came with the drawing inside the frame.
I had to cut it to make it fit. I guess you don't always have to add a border when you frame something, but I like the finish look it has.



After the frame dried I put everything together. The drawing was done primarily with water color on thick water color paper. However each face is done with color pencil. This was a present for a family I know pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment